This link: provide a link buy prometrium for women in ireland hop over to this article.
How many youth receive HIV/AIDS prevention education?
- According to the 2013 YRBS, nationwide 85.3% of students had ever been taught in school about AIDS or HIV infection.1
Does comprehensive sex education reduce sexual risk-taking behavior?
- According to a comprehensive review of sex and HIV education programs published by the nonpartisan National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, “two-thirds of the 48 comprehensive programs that supported both abstinence and the use of condoms and contraceptives for sexually active teens had positive behavioral effects.” Many of the participants in the programs delayed or reduced sexual activity, reduced their number of sexual partners or increased condom or contraceptive use.2
How do Americans feel about sex education?
- Ninety-nine percent of Americans believe it is appropriate for young people to have information about STDs, and 94% of Americans think it is appropriate to teach young people about birth control.3
- More than eight in 10 Americans (86%) believe that young people should be taught how to use and where to obtain contraceptives.3
How do Americans feel about abstinence-until-marriage programs?
- Only 14% of Americans think that schools should teach abstinence-only programs and withhold information about condoms and other types of contraception.4
1 Kann, L., Kinchen, S., Shanklin, S. L., Flint, K. H., Hawkins, J., Harris, W. A., & Zaza, S. (2014). Youth risk behavior surveillance—United States, 2013. MMWR Surveill Summ, 63(4). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/pdf/ss/ss6304.pdf
2 Kirby, D. (2007). Emerging answers 2007: Research findings on programs to reduce teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. Washington, DC: National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. Retrieved from http://thenationalcampaign.org/sites/default/files/resource-primary-download/EA2007_full_0.pdf
3 National Public Radio, Kaiser Family Foundation, & Kennedy School of Government. (2004, January). Sex education in America. General Public/Parents Survey. Retrieved from http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2004/jan/kaiserpoll/publicfinal.pdf
4 Peter D. Hart Research Associates, Inc. (2007, July 12). Memorandum: Application of research findings. Planned Parenthood Federation of America and National Women's Law Center. Retrieved from http://www.nwlc.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/7-12-07interestedpartiesmemo.pdf