Theories & Approaches
Adolescent Development: Questions to Consider for Professionals Working with Adolescents
- How does the work that you (or your organization) do incorporate what we know about adolescent development?
- Are the program activities you are currently implementing appropriate to adolescent physical, cognitive, emotional, social, and behavioral development? What evidence do you have to support your answer?
- How would you adapt the current program you are using to better meet the developmental capacities of the early, middle and late adolescent? How would the program change for the three different stages of adolescence?
- How well do you think the adults working with teens you know understand and apply adolescent development principles to the work they do with teens?
- If your answer to the last question was something like "not so well," then how might you open the dialogue about adolescent development with these adults?